Webinar today: Email/online discussion forums for health and development professionals, 15 July, 2013
* Speakers: Angela Nash (Knowledge Gateway) and Neil Pakenham-Walsh (Dgroups/HIFA2015).
* Learn how you can use the Knowledge Gateway and Dgroups to create your own virtual Communities of Practice, and how you can make them thrive.
* Facilitated Q&A to allow participants to compare notes and foster peer learning.
* Register here (free): http://dgroups-pe-july2013.eventbrite.com/
Dear HIFA colleagues,
I am delighted to invite you to a free webinar on Monday 15th July at 1600 to 1730 CEST (Central European Summer Time) (16:00h CEST is equivalent to 15:00h in London/British Summer Time, and 10:00h New York/EST).
This is a special meeting to share how we use email discussion software to facilitate communications for health. It is open to anyone with an interest, for example:
- Health professionals, librarians, publishers, researchers, policymakers
- Communication specialists, international development professionals, facilitators, moderators
- Anyone who wants to learn more on how to participate in and/or establish and/or maintain a Community of Practice.
You will learn from two experienced moderators - Angela Nash (Knowledge Gateway) and myself, Neil Pakenham-Walsh (HIFA2015/Dgroups). We shall describe how we use the Knowledge Gateway and Dgroups and discuss with you how you can create your own virtual Communities of Practice, and how you can make them thrive.
This is the 3rd event in the Dgroups Online Peer Exchange series.
1. Angela Nash Mercado will present how the Knowledge Gateway (which uses the same underlying software as Dgroups) connects people working in health and development through discussion forums.
2. Neil Pakenham Walsh will give us some insights on how Dgroups is used by HIFA2015 (Healthcare Information For All by 2015) to promote the availability and use of essential healthcare information in low- and middle-income countries.
This is an open session for all with an interest in virtual communities and networks for heath and development, to discuss how to support communications, knowledge sharing and learning.
A facilitated Q&A will follow after each presentation, to allow participants to compare notes and foster peer learning.
If you are interested in participating, please register on this Eventbrite page:
See more at: http://www.dgroups.info/2013/07/dgroups-online-peer-exchange-15-july-2013/#st...