I hope you are well! The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is recruiting for several academic leadership positions, both faculty and staff roles. Please find below descriptions of the positions below. Please feel free to forward this to your networks and encourage any interested candidates to apply using the links below.
Thank you for your support as we build our capacity.
Sarah Trent, MA
University of Global Health Equity
University of Global Health Equity
Introduction to UGHE
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE), an initiative of Partners In Health, is a groundbreaking health sciences university in Rwanda focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. UGHE seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
1. Faculty Director, Master of Science in Global Health Delivery: UGHE seeks a Faculty Director to lead the MGHD program. The MGHD Faculty Director will oversee all aspects of the program as UGHE builds its other health science academic programs around the MGHD. UGHE seeks a visionary leader with vast implementation expertise, experience teaching and developing academic health science training programs for master’s students, and a robust research portfolio. Through a unique combination of curricular content and innovative pedagogy, UGHE seeks a leader with a similar creative approach coupled with the energy, determination, and dedication to realize such a vision. Apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PIH&cws=1&rid...
2. Assistant Director, Master of Science in Global Health Delivery: The Assistant Director for the MGHD, in close collaboration with the Faculty Director for the MGHD, will support recruitment, admissions, and matriculation processes for MGHD students, faculty, and program administration. Additionally, the Assistant Director will implement, manage, and continuously improve systems and structures needed to masterfully manage the dynamic degree program and associated events. Apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PIH&cws=1&rid...
3. Managing Global Health Care Delivery (MGHCD) Course Developer and Deliverer, Master of Science in Global Health Delivery: The University seeks a Course Developer and Deliverer for a course titled Managing Global Health Care Delivery (MGHCD). MGHCD reviews strategy and management practices in global health programs and explores the essential components of high-value programs. Students will learn important managerial, administrative, and financial tools and theories to define and to achieve organizational goals and to create programmatic implementation plans. The course will be developed between June and August 2016 and delivered in Rwanda between September and December 2016. Apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PIH&cws=1&rid...
4. Director of Teaching & Learning: The Director of Teaching & Learning will serve as a key strategic thought partner and in-house pedagogy expert in the development of all academic programs at UGHE. The Director will work with the Academic Director to develop all aspects of teaching and learning at UGHE, drawing from her/his foundational expertise in developing curricula that embody creative and effective pedagogy. The Director of Teaching & Learning will collaborate with transnational teams of faculty and administrators to create robust and rigorous health science academic programs, and to develop instructors who are keenly equipped to carry out instruction in responsive, dynamic, and pedagogically-innovative ways. Apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PIH&cws=1&rid...
5. Teaching & Learning Officer: The Teaching & Learning Officer (T&LO) will build and support UGHE’s innovative academic programs which include the MGHD, medicine, veterinary science, nursing, dentistry, and doctoral studies. UGHE’s academic programs are built upon active learning approaches, leverage education technology, and exemplify world class quality. The T&LO ensures that this vision is executed in every class and in every program at UGHE by collaborating with transnational teams of faculty and administrators at Harvard, Tufts, Yale, EdX, and in Rwandan leadership positions to create robust and rigorous health science academic programs in responsive, dynamic, and pedagogically-innovative ways. Apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PIH&cws=1&rid...
6. Director of Executive Education: The Director of Executive Education will work to establish and to support the strategic and operational priorities of UGHE’s Executive Education program. The Director will undertake a wide variety of activities as UGHE launches this program, which includes a variety of short-course certificate programs in health care delivery, program management, and leadership. S/he will work collaboratively with the entire UGHE team – in the US and in Rwanda – to bring this exciting program to life. Apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PIH&cws=1&rid...