0 Recommendations

Global Technical Strategy for Malaria 2016-2030

By Maimunat Alex-Adeomi Moderator | 15 Dec, 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Please see the attached recent 2016-2030 Global Technical Strategy for Malaria document by the WHO.

With the SDGs and a lot of revision of policies and strategies post 2015, this is commendable. We just need to keep working hard on the overall policy implementation piece.

Replies

Pierre Bush, PhD Moderator Replied at 9:24 PM, 15 Dec 2016

Thank you for sharing. This is a very useful document.

Chinenyenwa Ohia Replied at 2:22 AM, 16 Dec 2016

Thanks Dr. Maimunat for sharing. this very useful as a guide as we move into the new year.

Sungano Mharakurwa Moderator Replied at 3:35 AM, 16 Dec 2016

Thank you Maimunat for sharing this important document. It is great to see the revisions towards stronger approaches to get rid of the malaria scourge.

Tony Kiszewski Replied at 5:56 AM, 16 Dec 2016

I would have liked to see more detail on the vector control/prevention pillar. Some of the recommendations for dealing with malaria transmission in areas where transmission continues despite universal covereage with ITNs and IRS are rather vague and non-sensical.

Maimunat Alex-Adeomi Moderator Replied at 2:49 PM, 20 Dec 2016

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. While I do agree that the strategy document might not be all encompassing, I think it is a step in the right direction towards policy development. What would be useful is a robust M & E system that tracks and provides feedback that will further enhance improvement on subsequent phases.

Regards
Maimunat

SYED IHTISHAM Replied at 11:20 PM, 21 Dec 2016

Very grateful.....great piece

This Community is Archived.

This community is no longer active as of December 2018. Thanks to those who posted here and made this information available to others visiting the site.