At the Global Health Delivery Project at Harvard University (GHD), we are marking our 6th year by taking stock of our progress, limitations, and the state of global health delivery as a whole.
To better understand the role and needs of those who manage delivery around the world, we ask you to share your expertise with us in a new, site-wide, Expert Panel here at GHDonline – there are no featured speakers, no guest panelists – you’re the experts.
As someone who manages delivery, you are supervising community health workers and clinic staff; tracking, monitoring and ordering supplies and medicines, even seeing patients throughout the cycle of care. Perhaps you also develop budgets, manage relationships with stakeholders in your community, or assess the performance of your team and make improvements.
Whether you manage some of these aspects of delivery yourself, or work with those who do, we hope you will all join us by sharing your thoughts on the following questions throughout the week:
1. What kind of management duties or responsibilities do you perform in health care delivery or see others perform?
2. How important is management (of people, processes and resources), compared to other issues or challenges in health care delivery? How do you prioritize this element of your work?
3. What core skills do those who manage delivery need to be effective? How did you or others gain these skills – are management training or capacity building opportunities available in your work?
4. What factors in health systems, organizations or communities impacts the work of those who manage delivery? What are the main barriers to improving the efficacy of your management?
5. How can the Global Health Delivery Project address the challenges and barriers faced by those who manage delivery, especially at the frontlines? What kinds of resources or programs would be most helpful to you in your work?
As always, we look forward to a rich discussion, and are grateful for your input as we seek to identify ways the Project can advance the science of delivery and better serve your needs.