Learning Tour March 2015 Calcutta India

By Erin Das | 03 Feb, 2015

I am re-posting this from the HIV Community, sorry if you have already read this.

My name is Erin Das and I am currently working for an International NGO (MCC) in Bangladesh on HIV awareness raising through peer education, training, sensitization meetings and community events and hoping to develop a project in 2016 regarding these similar ideas of HIV awareness raising. We hope to also learn how to add topics such as nutrition, WASH and heath aspects for a holistic approach to supporting the communities where we already work. We are hoping to travel to Calcutta India in March 2015 around the 20th for about a week and wanted to know if anyone in this online community has contacts of projects that would be helpful to visit and learn from. We are also interested in learning about monitoring and evaluating tools that can be used to show changes in behaviour as our current project focuses on prevention and encourages behaviour change for high risk individuals.

Our current project goal is People from targeted communities are aware of how HIV is and is not transmitted and are applying that understanding in their daily lives.

I am not connected with the HIV/AIDS network in Calcutta but anyone is able to share contacts or NGOs that are working in this area that would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

Either reply on this site or you can personally email me at:

This Community is Archived.

This community is no longer active as of December 2018. Thanks to those who posted here and made this information available to others visiting the site.