GlobalSurg is an international network of surgical researchers working to improve the global quality of surgical care, including YOU!
Our projects aim to give grass-root surgeons the opportunity to participate in high-impact collaborative outcomes studies, without the need for extra resources or funding. Our protocols are designed to ensure they are easy for local surgeons to execute. Every collaborator will be a Pubmed citable co-author on the final paper; we will aim for high impact factor surgical journals.
Our first project, GlobalSurg-1, included outcomes data on over 10,000 emergency intraperitoneal operations from 58 countries. Over 1500 researchers participated, gaining citable co-authorship.
Our 2nd international project…
"GlobalSurg-2: Determining the worldwide epidemiology of surgical site infections after abdominal surgery"
…will be running from January - July 2016! We invite you and your colleagues to participate at your local hospital. Our growing research network now includes over 3000 clinicians in more than 75 countries!
**Why get involved in GlobalSurg-2?**
- Monitor and improve outcomes for your surgical patients, guided by a simple study protocol. Available in a number of languages!
- Be part of a dynamic, worldwide network of surgeons, surgical trainees, and medical students
- Contribute to a large, international data set with potential for global improvement in the delivery of care
- Gain citable co-authorship in high-impact surgical journals
- Demonstrate research and leadership skills for future job applications
- Represent your country, region, or hospital in a 'local lead' role
- Complete free, certified e-Learning modules
- Be involved in the future design of Global randomised studies!
**Want to learn more?**
Visit our website: www.globalsurg.org
View our YouTube video: www.bit.ly/GS2-video
View our study protocol: www.bit.ly/globalsurg2
Register to participate: http://globalsurg.org/register/
We look forward to collaborating with you on this exciting international project!
GlobalSurg Steering Group
Link leads to: http://globalsurg.org/projects/globalsurg-2/
Link leads to: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(13)62013-9/abstract
Link leads to: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25091299
Link leads to: http://bit.ly/GS2-video