Information Systems Group
VillageReach is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation whose mission is to save lives and improve well being in developing countries by increasing last-mile access to healthcare and investing in social businesses that address gaps in health and community infrastructure. Since its establishment in 2000, VillageReach has worked with public health systems and global health organizations in Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia and other countries to strengthen logistics, management and services at rural health centers. For more information visit www.villagereach.org.
The Information Systems Group (ISG) at VillageReach is seeking a professional to fill the position of Technology Manager. The position will report to the ISG Technology Director. ISG supports VillageReach’s health system strengthening mission by designing and deploying management information systems that enable robust and reliable data collection and reporting in the most challenging of environments.
Current projects include VillageReach’s recently established OpenLMIS, an open-standards, open-source initiative to bring stakeholders in public health together around the domain of supply chain & logistics information systems (www.openLMIS.org), a Grand Challenges Explorations Grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to evaluate mobile scanning applications to transform paper data into a scalable digital system, ongoing enhancements to ICT systems and services which support our operations in Mozambique, and certain new development efforts.
The technology manager will be responsible for applying requirements from health system strengthening field programs into product software solutions in the field of logistical information systems. The manager will elicit requirements and change requests from in-country teams and partners, provide support for implementation of changes and new requirements via contractors and partners, and document and track bugs/issues, as well as software releases.The manager will also be responsible for project management for the OpenLMIS Initiative, involving the active participation of a number of organizations from the global health and international development sector and private enterprise. Planning and coordinating OpenLMIS events, workshops and other network-building activities will be core to this program.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Graduate degree preferred
• Academic background in information systems/sciences, health informatics or a related field.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience – candidates with a background in the private sector or information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D) a plus.
• Experience in generating project specifications for software development.
• Document and track software releases.
• Experience in database management including data quality assurance.
• Support new business and proposal development efforts including tracking RFPs, grants and opportunities and liaising with potential partners on proposal development.
• Proven communications and writing skills – this position involves significant time devoted to partner development.
• Excellent work references.
To Apply, send resume and cover letter to: with the subject line “Information Systems Group Program Manager.”